Faculty Grant Application Guidelines
PHS Faculty! The PHS Academic Foundation looks forward to partnering with you this year. Our main purpose is to raise money for school-wide academic programs and teacher requests for academic focused needs. We have allocated approximately $40,000 to teacher grants for this school year. Please help us put those dollars to work in your classrooms with creative initiatives that will make you and your students more successful.
Please submit this GRANT REQUEST FORM and supporting documentation to Mr. Bush by the review deadline. You can find those dates and other details in these GUIDELINES . Please follow them carefully when completing your grant application. If you have any questions, you may contact the Academic Foundation Treasurer.
Thank you for partnering with the PHS Academic Foundation, and best wishes for the 2018-19 school year!
2017-18 Faculty Grants
The PHS Academic Foundation is proud to partner with school administration, teachers and staff to build the best possible learning environment for our students. This is done in large part through our faculty grant program.
The following grants were submitted by faculty and reviewed by Principal Johnny Bush during the 2017-18 academic year. School internal accounts and district funds are used when available. When they are not, the PHS Academic Foundation is able to step in. The following grants totaling approximately $40,000 were funded by the PHS Academic Foundation during the 2017-18 academic year.
- Projectors including mount and installation for various Science and English Department and ROTC classrooms
- Artist easels, classroom stools, set of self portrait mirrors, and other supplies for the Art Department
- Books for AP Economics, AP Lang, AP Chemistry, AP Calculus and other English, Foreign Language, AVID, and Science classrooms
- White Boards for Science Department and AP Art History classrooms
- Laptop and Operating System for English Department
- Music stand storage cart for Music classrooms
- Music chairs and chair dolly for Music classrooms
- Utility table and other life skills supplies (laundry detergent, fertilizer, plants) for ESE Department
- DVDs and books for Social Studies classroom
- Parade Banner for the Band
- High level calculators for the Math Department
- Test Dividers for an English classroom
- ACT Test Fees for students needing assistance
- Storage boxes and a shelving unit for the ROTC classroom
- Time clock and doc Stamp for Library
- Wall Street Journal subscription – Teacher’s Edition for AP Economics classroom
- Utility table for Math Department
- Digital Snake for Theater Department
- Supplies for Mentor Program
- Leadership School fees for ROTC Department
- Partial funding for World Robotics Competition trip
- RAM sticks for laptop upgrades
- Substitutes for various school field trips and teacher professional development days
- Professional education conference registrations
- Professional memberships for teachers
- Teacher Incentives
- Class field trips